I knew Martin really well (few did). This is approved by Martins family.
“Dear Martin I miss you and I love you. All the time we have spent traveling, talking and partying and all your energy, amassing stories and knowledge – have helped me and the world. I’m crying now – because I have seen you with my kids (playing endless games) and I know how much your siblings and your father and mother will miss you. I hope you are happy where ever you are. I will always miss you (and I meant it when I told you that you were like a son to me). FUCK its unfair.”
Martin was an always online person and the web is already full of beautifull goodbyes Twitter search on Martin (hundreds of comments) –David Naylor (many y friend to Martin) – Sullivan (many year friend)– All Things D – says goodbye – Alley Insider says goodbye – La Times friends say goodbye
This is impossible to believe in all ways. I feel so bad. I feel so bad for his fantastic family and the Mother (doctor) and Father (engineer) – who created the most unique and outstanding 23y old Scandinavian kid ever seen in the business world. Because Martin Schaedel:
– was a true self made international bizzman 23y old.
– was loyal – like no one else
– had no fear (unfortunately)
– had gotten so much love from his parents that he dared scratching every surface of the world and did it.
– was smarter then most people I’ve met – and always challenged structures and deals and patterns – people 20y’s older never even understood. And he was following the world news, blogs, deals and politics via his amassing RSS subscriptions on mobile and on his 2-3 laptops.
– impressively made his own money since 17 – and spent it on OTHER PEOPLE (the only one who ever gave me a 1000$ gift – and loved teasing me by paying for big dinners while I was looking away for a second).
– travelled like there was no day tommorow – and max 1% of the readers here will spend as much time in planes. (please send me a link to his insane travelmap if u have it).
– was a boy of energy, energy, dreams, hope and mystery – He stepped into the biggest companies in the world – 100% self confident and gave a bold shot at how to do the next move.
– was driving his cars like a mad man – mad.
(post your own in the comment field)
Yesterday I was contacted via Facebook by Ari (did not know him) – telling me to contact him urgent regarding Martin. I had no clue what it was about – but it has happened quite often that someone wanted to see if Martin was for real :) – and since we shared energy level (on my good days) people had often asked me for a reference check. So I asked Ari to call me and he did in 5min. Within the same minute I received a mail from my journalist friend in NY that something might have happened to Martin. I was in Paris on my way to a meeting – when Ari told me that Martin had been with him in LA all day and Martin went to his flying/pilot lesson after their meeting – see his twitter:
There are lots of news out there already and we all feel big pain.
Post your words and links here – and your memories (all of them please – the crazy and good one’s). for his siblings and family to understand how much we all loved him. They never met any of his hundreds of international friends… I will wear the t-shirt he got made for me with Motu Lund in big print (meaning big dick in some kind of Indian) today.
Note: I will update when I know when and where the memorial service will be taking place and if it will be public.